Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know I preface many recipe posts by saying “we love the chocolate and peanut butter combination around here…”, but it’s just so true. They way to both mine and Stephen’s hearts is chocolate and peanut butter. Obviously, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are also a favorite of ours. Stuffed cookies, however, are a bit of a new concept around here. I’ve made brownie stuff cookies for a friend’s birthday once before, but we didn’t get to have any.

March 2 009

When I came across this post on Recipe Girl, I bookmarked it to show Stephen. I forgot about it for a few days, but when I finally showed Stephen, he demanded that we immediately go out and buy some Reese’s peanut butter cups. Guess he was excited! I put a picture of a pre-baked cookie on Twitter, and I immediately had a text from my sister asking me to save her one. Couldn’t really blame her, because these were dang good cookies! While these cookies were perfectly delicious, the next time I make the cookies, I’ll just use my own recipe for chocolate chip cookies.

Just before we get to the recipe, I wanted to mention a new feature here at Craving Cupcakes: printable versions my recipes! I went back through all of my recipes and added a printable version. If you click the link below the recipe title, you’ll be taken to a Google Sites page where the recipe is printer ready. It’s very plain and simple, but that’s what you want when you’re printing a recipe.

Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Recipe Girl

(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup room temperature butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular sized)

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add in egg and beat well.
4. Fold flour mixture into the butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough and flatten it. Place a peanut butter cup on top, then top with another tablespoonful of dough. Shape the dough around the peanut butter cup, making sure that you can’t see any of the cup peeking through. Only bake 6 cookies at a time, because they are quite large.

March 2 011March 2 012
6. Garnish with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 12 minutes.

March 2 016
Makes 12 cookies.

March 2 022

March 2 023

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...