Friday, March 4, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 30)

1. My Tuesday/Thursday family came home from Mexico this week. They're all so tan, and I'm so jealous. They did bring me home a big bottle of vanilla extract though. They're so good to me.'

2. I'm adding in a new family to work with on weekends. It'll only be once or twice a month. It's going to be strange working through the weekend.

3. My week is all thrown out of whack. I had Monday and Wednesday off, worked Tuesday, Thursday and today, and I'll be working tomorrow and Sunday. I'm used to working only set days and never on weekends.

4. I was such a good little homemaker on my day off on Wednesday. I baked brownies, made Vanilla Superfudge Ice Cream, baked Turkish pita bread and make chicken stew with biscuits. Everything was so delicious, and I think I've finally found my go to brownie recipe.

5. Before meeting Stephen, the mere thought of cooking stressed me out. I'm getting a lot better at it and don't stress over more complex recipes anymore. When I asked Stephen what he's done with me, he joked that he's trying to see how good of a wife he can turn me into before he marries me. I told him he should marry me for my baking alone.

6. I went to the library yesterday with the boy I nanny. While he was playing a computer game, I wandered over to the DVD section. I was actually surprised by the amount of good DVDs they had available! I picked up Inception and The Time Traveller's Wife. I need to go more often and take advantage of the selection.

7. I feel like I haven't had a whole lot to say on Twitter lately. I'm on it all day long, but feel like my thoughts are always the same and don't want to bore people with the same tweets over and over again. Do you ever have the same feeling?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...