Monday, March 7, 2011

I Talk In My Sleep

I worked straight through the weekend, 20.5 hours in total. I’m exhausted, but at least I have today off. I’m keeping today’s post relatively short and sweet!

It’s a well known fact that I talk in my sleep. Always have, and probably always will. When Stephen was working nights, he would always wake me up when he first got home. Often, it would be the only time I would see him all week. The beginnings of our conversations were always hilarious. I was half dreaming, half awake. I would know that Stephen is trying to talk to me, yet I couldn’t get myself to fully wake up from my dream. Here’s some snippets of our most memorable conversations:

Me: “The almond flour is making my hair all sweaty!”

I had had macarons on my mind, and I was sweaty because our old apartment was so dang hot. Stephen didn’t even realize that almond flour was a real thing!

Stephen was coming to be and was changing into his pajamas.
Me: “Stop! I don’t want Jessica (my sister) seeing you!”
Stephen: “What? She’s not here.”
Me: “Then who lives with us?”

I was seriously convinced that my sister was living with us and was going to accidentally walk in on Stephen changing. After Stephen told me that she wasn’t there, I asked repeatedly who else lives with us.

All I can say is I’m thankful I seem to have outgrown my sleepwalking phase. I remember as a kid one time bringing my pillow to my parents and telling them I was done with it. I’ve done several things like that, all while asleep. I must have inherited it from my Mom, who was most definitely a sleepwalker as a child. Apparently, she used to sleepwalk right out of the house, and had to be locked in her room at night!

Do you talk in your sleep or know someone who does? What’s the funniest thing you’ve (or they’ve) ever said?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...