Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday

#73 at Roots and Rings

1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
I once tried some sort of duck dumplings that Stephen made and I liked them. I haven’t had any sort of duck since though.

2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones?  
I don’t subscribe to any. The closest I get is reading a ton of food blogs (they make up nearly half the blogs I read). I’d list them all, but that’d just be too many. I’ve been wanting to subscribe to some food magazines though, so maybe I should start trying to convince Stephen to get onboard with that idea.

3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook?
When I’m the one cooking, I always seem to make a chicken dish. Sunday night was BBQ chicken pasta, last week was coconut chicken curry, not too long before that was chicken stew. I guess I just like chicken.

4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult?
The most recent one I discovered I like is pistachios. For some reason, I just didn’t like them as a kid, but I decided to try some at work recently and found that they’re not half bad!

5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird?
I don’t necessarily think that I eat anything weird. Although, I occasionally like to crumble up a granola bar into my yogurt, which Stephen thought was a bit strange.

6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with?
I’ve never cooked with a particularly strange ingredient, but I have baked with a not some common ingredient: lavender. I don’t personally think lavender is all that strange, but when I made lavender chocolate chip cookies, everyone I shared them with were surprised that you could even bake with lavender!

7. Do you have any major food allergies?
None.

8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try?
I don’t believe that there are any particular ingredients that I’m intimidated by. Normally, if I’m going to be intimidated, it’ll be by a whole recipe, such as French macarons.

9. Do you bake?
Only of course! Baking is who I am, it’s how I identify myself. (Hello, my name is Angela, and I bake…)

10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why?
I’ve never had any desire to be a food competition show. I’m more interested in  getting myself onto a show like Ace of Cakes. That’s more my cup of tea.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...