Day Zero Project
The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Italic- In Progess
In Progress: 10
2. Try 3 new foods. (1. Okra)
3. Eat at 5 new restaurants (1. Mango Shiva 2. Wicked Chili 3. West)
8. Keep a dream journal for a month.
9. Spend a day cooking and freezing meals.
10. Finish a scrapbook, and keep it for myself.
11. Buy myself flowers 3 times.
12. Do the Columbia Icefield Tour.
17. Make something from Hello Cupcake.
19. Read 2 memoirs.
20. Mail in a Post Secret.
21. Mail a random person a postcard.
22. Donate blood.
23. Bake or Cook 4 recipes from Stephen's Mom's recipe box. (1. Brownies)
24. Go two weeks (and then possibly longer) without drinking pop.
25. Do yoga!
32. Buy 2 lottery tickets.
34. Complete a puzzle.
35. Buy earrings and actually wear them!
38. Send 5 letters to friends (2/5)
40. Give someone a just because gift.
43. Save $2 for every task completed, then spend it all on something fabulous for myself.
44. Go strawberry picking (or apple or pumpkin!)
46. Conquer pie crust.
50. Make homemade perogies
52. Go go-karting .
54. Get better at speaking french.
55. Purchase frames for maps.
56. Go to a spa.
58. Buy (and wear) an outfit I wouldn't normally consider.
60. Go rafting on the Bow River.
61. Go stargazing.
65. Try using fondant on a cake.
66. See a play.
67. Buy new prescription sunglasses
68. Write a message on a balloon and release it (like we did at Rondi's funeral)
69. Hang a windchime in a parking lot (inspiration from here.)
70. Finish my cross-stitching projects. (0/2)
71. Get fish with Stephen (and name them peanutbutter and Jam!)
72. Go on a double date with my parents.
73. Take photobooth pictures with props.
74. Leave a love note somewhere for a stranger to find.
76. Learn to read notes in the bass clef (to be able to help Claire practice piano)
78. Go to a rodeo
80. See Cirque Du Soleil.
84. Fill up photo albums with all of my pictures I have laying around.
85. Learn more about baking in other countries. Bake something! (0/2)
87. Make a family tree, then give it away to a family member
92. Save some money from each check and put it toward replacing certain parts of my wardrobe
93. Do at least ten things from this list.
94. Make a greeting cards scrapbook.
95. Find a suitable way to display all of my concert/play tickets. (ex: scrapbook)
96. Attend family reunion in September 2010.
97. Get a ridiculous manicure with a friend.
98. Bake with an unusual ingredient.
101. Do the 365 photo challenge.
My end date is: Tuesday, December 6, 2011
If you have any questions about any of my tasks, feel free to ask!