Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday

#70 at Roots and Rings

1. How did your parents decide on your name?
As far as I know, my Grandpa picked out my name. Not really sure how he picked it though.

2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
They’re A.D.M, so nope.

3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I’m not married, but when I do get married, I’ll keep my original middle name.

4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
There will be no rhyme or reason to the way I name my children. I’ll just pick names that Stephen and I both like!

5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I remember being obsessed with the name Tessa. While I still think it’s a nice name, I no longer want to name one of my children Tessa.

6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Not that I know of. In Stephen’s family, there’s several variations of names involving Stephen and Christopher. We’re now both adamant that neither of those names will be passed on to our children.

7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
Just the name itself. A nice meaning would just be a bonus

8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Pet names. My guinea pigs are Piglet and Oreo. When I get a dog, I want to give it a food name like Taco.

9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
None that spring to mind.

10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
I have a few favorite names that I’m trying to convince Stephen to name our children, but I’m not going to share them. Two of them have already been taken and a rabbit and a dog belonging to people close to me, were named them.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...