Wednesday, March 23, 2011

3 Years Together

img006Stephen

Tomorrow is mine and Stephen’s three year anniversary. It feels like three years have gone by so fast, and yet so slow, all at the same time. I feel like I’ve known him my entire left, and yet sometimes I feel like we just met yesterday. When I reflect upon our relationship, I’m amazed at all that we’ve accomplished in our three years together.

We’ve lived in 2.5 places together. I say half, because I really only lived in the first apartment with him for about 5 months. Then came the condo in Mission, and now we’re in a townhouse. The home we’ve created together is a safe haven for me, and there’s no where else I’d rather be.

Stephen likes to say that we’ve both changed, and we met in the middle. He used to have a few more bad habits, and I used to be a bit of a goodie-goodie. Since meeting each other, we’ve met halfway. He’s given up those bad habits, and I’ve come out of my shell. I honestly couldn’t think of a better match for me than him. He encourages my passions. He sees me as better than I am and shows me the way to get there.

Tomorrow night, Stephen’s in charge of the celebration. He started making plans about a month ago, and won’t tell me what we’re doing. I do know that it involves dinner, but that’s all he’d tell me. You can bet that there’ll be a blog post next week updating you on this!

(Those are our baby pictures up above. Or at least, the only ones we have where we’re semi close in age. Stephen decided that we should stick them in matching frames and display them together. Aw!)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...