Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chewy Granola Bars

The one thing I really like about the MomBoss from my Tuesday/Thursday family is that we have really good communication. If we need to talk, we’ll text, call or even email each other. I’ve had fairly good communication with past families, but it was strictly limited to face to face contact with the occasional phone call. MomBoss had emailed me the recipe for these granola bars saying that she thought it might be a good project for T and I.

March 2 042

These granola bars are really simple, making them perfect for small helpers. While baking at work, T and I have a system; I measure, he pours and mixes. This time however, he decided that he wanted to snack on some of the dried Rice Krispies. I set out a small bowl in front of him and got to work. When I looked up, I was amazed at the mess he had made! He was tipping the bowl into his mouth and spilling Rice Krispies everywhere! I wish I could share the picture I got of him, he was covered in the cereal, and it was all over the counter and floor. Best part? He was just so dang happy. I don’t mind the mess if it makes him happy.

The boys told me that the granola bars didn’t last past the first day. I may have had two small bars myself, and the Aunt even asked for the recipe. That’s a success in my books!

Chewy Granola Bars

(Printable Recipe)

2 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1/4 cup coconut
1/2 mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup softened butter
1/4 cup honey
1/2 tsp vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients. Press into pan and bake for 18-20 minutes.
3. Let cool completely, then cut into bars. Enjoy!

March 2 035

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...