Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday

#72 at Roots and Rings

1. What condiments are always, always in your fridge?
Ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, salad dressing of some sort and syrup. Stephen insists that we store syrup in the fridge because that’s what he grew up with, and I’ve nearly gotten used to it. I’d say about 8 times out of 10, I still go looking through our cupboards for syrup.

2. How do you like your steak cooked? Your burgers?
I like my steak medium-rare. I didn’t realize that people ordered their burgers to be cooked a certain way, which I suppose means I probably always eat burgers that are well done.

3. What’s your favorite use for fresh tomatoes?
Thanks to my last nanny family, I discovered how delicious tomato toast was. Toasted rye bread, butter and tomato slices with salt and pepper. Yum!

4. What’s your go-to dinner when you haven’t planned anything in advance and you don’t feel like going out?
Some sort of pasta and jarred pasta sauce. Either that, or a bowl of a cereal.

5. What’s your favorite snack food lately?
I just picked up Sea Salt Pita Chips over the weekend, which are really good. Makes me wish I had some hummus though.

6. What’s your favorite weekend breakfast to make at home?
If I’m making it, then waffles. If Stephen’s making it, then it’s a full on big breakfast that will keep us full until dinner time: Pancakes, eggs, bacon, toast and hashbrowns. I love when he cooks for me.

7. What’s your favorite thing to grill? How do you do it?
I don’t grill. I’m awful at it (burned chicken, every time). I love it when Stephen grills steaks for us though. He likes to keep it plain and simple so that the steak is the real star. I need to marry this boy.

8. What’s your favorite wine for under $10? If you’re not a wine person, what brand of beer is your favorite?
I’m not a wine or beer person. I’ve tried both but I just can’t seem to like them.

9. Give us your most delicious cocktail recipe.
I don’t have one! I rarely drink, and when I do, I’m not the one mixing drinks.

10. How do you like your eggs?
Cooked by Stephen.
Haha! Ok, seriously though, I like them pretty much any which way. Stephen makes some amazing ones that involve sour cream and chives. He spoils me.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...