Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Confession: It’s still the weekend for me. If you’re reading this early in the morning, there’s a good chance that I’m still sleeping. I wrote this post last night while sitting in the craft room, sitting beside Stephen, who was working on a top secret project that will be my Dad’s birthday gift. Let’s recap my weekend, shall we?

I’m currently in the midst of a four day weekend. I’m not full time (3x/week) with the new family yet, so I have a few extra days off here and there. Friday started off with a coffee date with my sister and our friend Izel. I had a coupon for a free drink that Starbucks sent me shortly after my birthday last month, so I finally put that to good use. The coupon was good for any size drink, so I ordered a Venti White Mocha; a real treat because I never order the Venti size.IMG_0757

Saturday was spent getting our house in order. Stephen and I have been letting the housework slip lately, so I spent most of the day getting the house back in shape. I had good motivation, as Christine (from Without Adornment) and her husband came over for dinner and a few games of Settlers of Catan. We tried out a new recipe that turned out amazing; pork loin with a pomegranate apricot sauce. We’ll definitely be making that one again. Since Christine is gluten free, I didn’t bake anything for dessert. Instead, I made some strawberry frozen yogurt, which we topped with peaches and strawberries.

Yesterday was spent lazing around the house in my pajamas. I did take a break from being lazy to clean up the craft room, bake some banana bread and make some vanilla ice cream. Stephen hung up a dowel on my desk to hold up all of my ribbon. I thought I had quite the collection, but when I stuck it all up there, I realized that most of my collection is comprised of scraps. I’ll have to remedy that soon.

IMG_0762

Dinner was a joint effort. We made some meatballs and spaghetti from one of my Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. Those meatballs were some of the most amazing and moist ones I’ve ever tasted! We watched 127 hours and then had some root beer floats with the vanilla ice cream I had made earlier in the day.

The plans for today include some baking, organizing and a trip to the grocery store. I love when my weekends aren’t overly busy, but I’m still able to fit in some time with friends.
What did you do this weekend?

(Pictures were taken with my iPhone using the Instagram and Hipstamatic apps.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...