Monday, March 21, 2011

My Weekend in iPhone Photos

It was a busy weekend for me. I just finished working six days in a row, and now I’m thankful that I’ve got today off. I’m not used to this wacky schedule yet.

IMG_0770

I’m not sure if I’ve talked about them much on here before, but I’ve taken on a weekend family. I was looking for new families to do occasional babysitting for when I found an ad for this family, for one weekend a month. Fast forward a couple of weeks, and I’ve already worked two full weekends for them this month. I don’t mind, mostly because it’s nice to have a little bit of extra money. We’re still trying to furnish/decorate our house after all.

With this new family, I start at 6:30am, which means I have to get up at 5am. The nice part about it is the fact that Stephen and I take the bus to work together on the Saturdays that I work. I work ten hour days with two kids (4 year old girl and 1 year old boy). My days are filled with games of Titanic (the ship is a fort I built under the bed), endless card games and good music. This family has the best taste in music, and the 4 year old knows all the words to every song. On Saturday, we spent some time at a park in the middle of downtown. The kids had fun breaking up and smashing ice. I was just thankful to get out the house.

IMG_0772

After work on Saturday, Stephen and I made our monthly trip to Superstore. We came across this giant snow pile in the corner of the parking lot. It was taller than both of us, and I semi considered standing in front of it and telling people I went to the mountains. It was much too dirty though.

IMG_0773

The one good thing about our trip to Superstore? Free strawberries with a purchase over $150! They’re giant, and taste fantastic on some leftover strawberry frozen yogurt I made last week.

IMG_0785

Plans for today include a thrift store trip with my sister and her boyfriend. Send good thoughts my way so that I might be able to find something good!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...