Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

It was a long weekend here for me, but it was rather low key. Unlike what seemed like every other person I know, we stuck around Calgary for the weekend. Friday, I did a little bit of baking and had my family over for dinner. Saturday, I spent the day making Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon rolls. I now have 7 pans of unbaked cinnamon rolls in my freezer, ready to be passed out or baked for unexpected guests. Saturday night, Stephen and I went to our friends’ house for dinner. We started off with homemade pizzas.

pizza

After that, we moved onto Al’s “special dessert”. Al is known for liking to throw random ingredients together that don’t particularly taste good, so we all expected an experiment that wouldn’t taste right. Imagine our surprise when he brought out this!

dessert

There’s some Jello, pudding, ice cream and a frozen strawberry on top. We were all surprised that it was delicious! Since we were expecting something strange and inedible, I was asked to bring dessert as well.

brownie

I brought along peanut butter fudge brownies. Everyone was polite and had a slice, although they were very small pieces! It was a very delcious dinner, and I went home absolutely stuffed! It was the perfect Saturday night with friends.

What did you get up to this weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...