Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cookies and Cream Bars

I first saw these bars on Pinterest. I immediately pinned them, but never got around to making them. Since I pinned them, I’d seem them at least once every time I signed into Pinterest; they were just there, taunting me. There’s just one problem, Stephen’s not a big fan of Oreos, so I had to wait until I had other people to make them for.

August 20 029

Last Friday, I hosted a girls night at my house. Right away, I knew that I would make these, since there would be enough people to eat them and not leave too many at home for me. They’re super easy to make; just like Rice Krispie treats, but with Oreos instead of Rice Krispies. I do have to admit that my Oreo to marshmallow ratio was a bit off, but that didn’t seem to bother people. I’ll just be sure to add more Oreos next time.

Cookies and Cream Bars
From Picky Palate

1 16 oz pkg Oreos
5 cups large marshmallows
4 tbsp butter

1. Using a food processor, ground up the Oreos. Butter and line a 8x8” pan with tin foil.
2.  In a large microwave safe bowl, melt together the butter and marshmallows in 30 second intervals, for about 2 minutes.
3. Immediately pour in the Oreo crumbs and mix together.
4. Transfer to the foil lined pan, smooth out and let sit until set. Cut into squares.

Enjoy!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...