Monday, August 15, 2011

Our New Toy

Friday evening, Stephen and I were making a big batch of spaghetti sauce. Being the blogger that I am, I was taking pictures while Stephen was cooking. While attempting to take a picture of a giant bowl of tomatoes, I noticed a spot on the picture. I went to go clean the lens, only to discover that it was scratched. I have no idea how/when it got scratched, since the scratch only shows up on pictures in angles. I was pretty upset about this, but we continued making the spaghetti sauce.

Around supper time, Stephen announced he was going to Co-Op to buy some chips. He left, but seemed to be taking an awful long time. When he got home, he disappeared off into the basement, to go to the bathroom. When he came back upstairs, it was evident he never went to the bathroom; he handed me a camera. I was completely shocked, and kept asking him what this was. Turns out, he made a trip to Best Buy and bought me a Canon Rebel t3i.

t3i

It was completely unexpected, but Stephen really does have a tendency to pull of last minute surprises like that. I’ve been loving playing around with it, but I think Stephen’s enjoying it more. It went from being my camera, to our camera. Can’t say I blame him, it really is awesome. I’m pretty excited that I won’t be the only one around here taking pictures all the time!

How was your weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...