Thursday, August 18, 2011

PW’s Cinnamon Rolls

Now that we have a larger freezer, I’ve been wanting to make some stuff to stash in there to use in time of need. I’ve been trying to think of some baked goods that would be good for freezing that we can pull out when I’m just not in the baking mood. I’ve already decided that I’ll need to dedicate an afternoon to making different types of cookie dough to freeze.

August 2 032

I’ve been eyeing Pioneer Woman’s cinnamon rolls for quite some time, but have really had no reason to make that many cinnamon rolls at once. Once we bought the new freezer, I knew that I found my opportunity.

August 2 034

I spent an afternoon mixing up the dough and rolling out the cinnamon rolls. I then stuck them into disposable pans, labelled them and put them in the fridge unbaked. Now, I’ve got a little stash of goodies that I can pull out whenever I want. Last minute guests? I’ve got freshly baked cinnamon rolls for them. Need a gift at the last minute? I’ll whip up some frosting and wrap up a pan of unbaked cinnamon rolls. Long day at work, but still want some dessert? No problem, I’ve got that covered.

August 2 037

My little sister recently moved out into her own house, and invited me over last minute to see it. I felt like this was a big occasion, since this was her first time moving away from home, but I had no time to get her a little gift. I quickly made her a card, pulled out some ribbon and voila: housewarming cinnamon rolls. Really, these things are so versatile, and they taste amazing. I’m not going to post the recipe here, because I’m no where near as awesome as Pioneer Woman. The recipe is linked below.

August 7 041

The Pioneer Woman’s Cinnamon Rolls.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...