Friday, July 29, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 49)

1. It was a short work week for me since I only worked three days. I was originally supposed to have a 5 day weekend (Thursday through Monday off), but I ended up filling Thursday and Monday with more work.

2. Speaking of work, things are changing around here yet again. If you remember, Mondays and Wednesdays I worked with Baby E. Tuesdays and Thursdays, I worked with two brothers and a cousin. Well, my Tuesday/Thursday family is currently away on vacation for the month of August, and when they come back, my hours would be cut since the youngest will be starting kindergarten. Luckily, my Monday/Wednesday family offered to take me on 4 days a week. At the last minute, my Tuesday/Thursday family offered me Fridays. I’m so glad that it’s all working out in my favor and I don’t have to take a pay cut!

3. I plan to spend my long weekend baking and even dabbling with canning some fruit. Hi, I just turned 80.

4. I ordered a new pair of glasses at the beginning of the month, and they finally came in the mail yesterday. I’m still not 100% sold on them, but Stephen thinks they look really good on me. I’ll wear them to my parents house tonight and get some more opinions. Maybe I just need to get used to them, as they are quite different than my last pair. I’ll write about them some more if I decide to keep them.

5.  When we got home from Edmonton on Monday, I arrived to a big box of coffee that I had ordered from Keurig. This may sound silly, but that made me so happy!

6. I’ve been slacking a little bit on my summer list. I’m going to have to take a look at it and try and accomplish some stuff this weekend. Do you have a summer list? How’s it coming along?

7. Despite the fact that I decided to pick up work on Monday, I’m so glad that it’s a long weekend. Is it a long weekend where you are? What are your plans?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...