Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday

#89 at Roots and Rings

1. What is your favorite zoo to visit?
The Toronto Zoo. I just love how big it is!

2. Do you visit a zoo very often?
Since I became a nanny, I’ve gone to the zoo a lot more often than I used to. We have a pretty awesome zoo in Calgary, so I never get bored of going.

3. Do you have a membership to a zoo?
I don’t.

4. When you visit a zoo, do you stay all day or just an hour or two?
If I have to pay for admission, then I try to make the most out of it by staying for a good portion of the day. I used to work for a family that all had zoo passes and a guest pass for me, so I never felt bad about going for just a couple of hours. Those kids went to the zoo almost weekly.

5. Do you buy food at the zoo or pack a picnic lunch?
Usually a combination of both. Zoo food is expensive, so I try to pack the majority of our lunch and just buy some treats while we’re there.

6. What is you favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I have a couple: giraffes, hippos, and elephants.

March 31 016

7. What is your least favorite animal to see at the zoo?
I have to admit that I often skip the Canadian Wilds section of our zoo as a lot of the animals there are ones I’ve seen in the wild. I’m due for a visit there though.

8. What is your favorite memory of going to the zoo as a kid?
I actually don’t have a lot of memories of visiting the zoo as a kid. I just don’t think we visited it that often, as it was a bit far from us.

9. Do you visit the gift shop when you go to the zoo?
I’d say that I go into the gift shop about 50% of the time, but I rarely buy anything. I do own some Toronto Zoo pens and a Calgary Zoo magnet.

10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best and 1 being the worst) how nice is your city’s zoo?
I’d say about 9. There have been a couple of problems here and there with our zoo, but I still love it.

I’m visiting the zoo this weekend with family, so there may be a post about it in the near future!

(Turns out most of my zoo pictures are on the laptop I can’t access, so just one picture will have to do.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...