Friday, July 8, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 46)

1. Another week come and gone. It was a short one for me as I only worked three days. I was trying to get over that nasty cold though, so it was a long three days for me. (Aren’t they always?)

2. I had recently reconnected with a friend and found out she lives quite close to my Monday/Wednesday family. She takes her daughter to a park halfway between the two houses, so we decided to meet up for a “play date”. Our kids aren’t the same ages and Baby E is still too young to play at the park, so it was really just for us to catch up. We spent a good two hours there Wednesday morning and it was just so nice! It helped my morning fly by.

3. Big Brother started up again last night. It’s my biggest guilty pleasure in terms of reality TV, so I’m pretty excited to have it back in my life! The houseguests seem like an interesting bunch.

4. Speaking of TV, Stephen and I started Friday Night Lights. We’re 5 episodes in, and I think it’s safe to say that I’m officially hooked.

5. It’s been a hot week. I’ve just been trying to hide out inside near a fan, but the truth is, we desperately need an air conditioner. Our bedroom is in the basement, but even our basement is hot. That’s ridiculous!

6. I’ve finally gone through my Google Reader and organized it all. Have you ever heard of the “Next” button? I reorganized my reader and categorized the blogs I read (every day blogs, food blogs, design, etc…) and stuck a Next button for each category in my toolbar. I feel like keeping up with my blog reading is so much more manageable now! Best decision I’ve made in a while.

7. I ordered a brand new pair of glasses this week, and they were free! There’s a Canadian company that routinely gives away free glasses, so I jumped on the chance to get some. I paid for shipping and some extra upgrades to my lenses, but for $34, I’m not complaining one bit. I wish they would just hurry up and get here though!

What’s the last thing you got for free?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...