Monday, July 4, 2011

An Under the Weather Weekend.

After 2 out of 3 days of my long weekend confined to the couch and my bed due to a nasty cold, I don’t have too many exciting things to blog about. Stephen bought me Super Mario Galaxy 2, so I’ve spent more time than I have in ages playing video games than I care to admit. I’ve never been much of a gamer, but I seem to enjoy Super Mario Galaxy.

We did have a few people over for a Canada Day BBQ on Friday. We served hot dogs and hamburgers topped with bacon jam. (Find that recipe here.) I have to admit that the bacon jam was rather amazing! We also had some potato salad made with our home grown dill,  bacon wrapped pineapple bites and I made a dessert that tasted like a cross of a Buster Bar and a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. (Recipe for that to hopefully come on Thursday.)

We’ve also been cat sitting since Thursday night. Casey is a rather easy cat to deal with, except for the fact that she’s turned into my little shadow. She insists on sitting on my shoulder, which I wouldn’t mind so much if she would just sit still.

Now I’m attempting to survive another work week without letting this cold get the better of me.
How did you celebrate Canada Day? And to my American readers, happy Independence Day!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...