Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries

Pinterest is a fantastic place. If I’m bored, I’ll often navigate my way over there for a few minutes to gather some inspiration. One of my favorite ways to get inspired is through the food that’s posted, which is exactly how these cheesecake stuffed strawberries came about. I had seen them pinned dozens of times, but never repinned them myself because they just didn’t inspire me at first. Time went on, and I found myself thinking of these strawberries more and more. I brushed it off at first because Stephen doesn’t like cheesecake. I thought about making them to serve at the Canada Day BBQ that we’re hosting tomorrow, but then an opportunity to serve them even sooner presented itself last weekend.

june 24 041

My friends hosted a backyard fire/BBQ with a couple other people, and I knew that I needed to try them out. After all, I was going to be meeting new people and I had to wow them with my dessert skills. The plate of strawberries did not last long! I think people were mostly impressed with the fact that I had the patience to hollow out the strawberries. Regardless, these little strawberries were addictive and worth every bit of effort. My only advice is that if you can, wait to dip the strawberries into the crushed graham crackers until just before you serve them, as the graham cracker tends to go soft if left on the cheesecake for too long.

Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
From Sugar Derby

20-ish strawberries
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
10 graham crackers

1. Wash your strawberries, then cut off the tops. Using a small paring knife, hollow out your strawberries. Set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, beat your cream cheese. Mix in icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
3. Transfer the cheesecake filling from the bowl to a piping bag (or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off). Fill up your strawberries, with enough cheesecake filling to come up over the top.
4. Crush your graham crackers, then dip the end with the protruding cheesecake filling into the graham cracker crumbs. Instant perfection! Try not to eat them all.

Enjoy!

june 24 036june 24 037{Use a paring knife to hollow out the strawberries.}

june 24 039{Use a piping bag to fill the strawberries with cheesecake filling.}

june 24 042

june 24 046{Dip the strawberries into graham cracker crumbs, then enjoy!}

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...