Monday, June 6, 2011

Nanny Adventures

I mentioned briefly last week that I had been taking the boys I nanny on lots of adventures (and that it had been tiring me out). One of the things that I love about my job is all of the time that I get to spend outside of my nanny family’s house. My goal is always to get the kids out of the house and moving around. Sometimes, the way to do this is by going on big long adventures.

Last week, I took T on an adventure up a path toward the top of a big hill. This was exciting for him because of the view we got of downtown. This boy is obsessed with buildings! His family happened to be dog sitting, so made sure to bring along CJ to tire her out as well.

June 3 011

I also handed my camera over to T and let him capture some memories. I like seeing our walks from his perspective.

June 3 034

I was looking after two boys last week that weren’t my regulars. They posed an interesting challenge because one of them was younger (2), and they were both full of way more energy than I was used to. Luckily, they lived right next to some bluffs that were perfect for adventures. This adventure was much more exhausting because not only were the bluffs higher, but I was chasing after a 2 year old and a 4 year old, all while pushing a stroller. Once we got to the top though, the view was worth it.

June 3 058

See all of that green grass there? It was perfect for the boys to just run around and be free. There were even some benches for me to sit and catch my breath! T would go absolutely nuts for amazing views of downtown like that, so I have plans to bring him there in the near future.

I love that not only am I getting outside and getting a bit of exercise with my nanny kids, but I’m also seeing different areas of my city that I may have originally overlooked. Have you gotten out for a walk lately? What did you see?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...