Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Weekend Recap

Let’s talk about this past weekend, shall we? Friday was sort of a hodgepodge day for me. I worked until Noon, then headed to the Freedriving Tour. After that, Stephen and I had an impromptu date night and saw Super 8. I heard it best described as a cross between The Wonder Years and Alien; totally accurate and totally a great movie.

Saturday was my laze around at home day, but by the afternoon, I was itching to do something creative. I channelled that creative energy into making a card and doing what I do best…baking! After a quick trip to the store, I set about making waffle iron cookies and cheesecake stuffed strawberries. Yeah, you read that right; I BAKED COOKIES IN A WAFFLE IRON. Sorry for the caps lock freak out, this was just a rather exciting moment for me. Unfortunately, the cookies didn’t turn out to be anything amazing. I think I over baked them (90 seconds was too long!), but it was a fun little experiment.

waffleironcookies

The cheesecake stuffed strawberries were a major success though. I brought them to a friend’s BBQ/fire in the backyard that night and went home with an empty plate. Everyone was amazed that I actually took the time to hollow out all of those strawberries. (Recipe to come tomorrow.) The BBQ was a great way to spend Saturday night. Stephen and I met some new people and got to catch up with one of our favorite couple friends.

meemily

Sunday, I had a baby shower to attend. One of my sister’s friends recently gave birth to a precious baby girl named Emily. Side story: For whatever reason, my sisters and I have all become friends with each other best friends. Not sure why, but it’s really nice.

Emily1

So, how was your weekend? See any good movies lately?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...