Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chilli

It seems like all of the recipes that I’ve bookmarked lately have been found via Pinterest. It’s just such a great site, especially for someone as visual as I am.

My original plan for this was to have it on Monday for dinner. I had thrown the ingredients together on Sunday night, so that all I’d have to do was add the meat Monday morning and turn the slow cooker on. I completely forgot to do that, which left us without dinner on Monday night. Oops. I made sure not to make the same mistake on Tuesday. Stephen thought this chilli was just alright, while I loved it. He thinks it’s too similar to another chilli that I make, and he doesn’t find it quite thick enough. I however, don’t think it’s as similar as the other chilli that I make, and while I prefer a thick chilli, I still find this one to be delicious. I think if I were to make it again, I’d buy some tortilla chips to eat with it.
(I’ll be updating this post later on today with a picture of the chilli.)

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chilli
Adapted from Photo a Day

1 onion, diced
2 16-oz cans black beans
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1 small can kernel corn
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
1 package taco seasoning
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chilli powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Sour cream and cheese to garnish

1. In slow cooker, combine onion, beans, tomato sauce, corn, diced tomatoes, taco seasoning and spices.
2. Place chicken on top, and cover. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, shred chicken and then return to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
3. When serving, garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese if desired.

Enjoy!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...