Friday, June 17, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 43)

1. After having a quiet few weeks (outside of work), I decided to share some recipes this week. I’m not sure if I’ll be doing that again since I only received 2 or 3 comments this week.

2. In fact, my comments have been steadily declining. Apparently I need to shake things up around here. Anything in particular you’d like to see on this blog?

3. I had a coffee date with a good friend this week, and Stephen and my friend’s husband stayed home together and played some video games. It had been a while since I’d seen the friend and I’m so glad that we got to do this. They’re going through some pretty exciting changes, and it felt really good to talk about them and find out where they’re at at this point in life. Since they’re not my changes to write about, I’ll leave it at that. Just know that it was one of the best coffee dates I’ve had in a while.

4. T and I have started up Gymboree (last week). While it was a bit of a struggle convincing him to go in the first place (he’s shy), he seems to love it now. We take a family art class together on Thursdays and have open gym time on Tuesdays. I just love having excuses to get out of the house!

5. It’ll be a busy weekend around here. We’re going to be dog sitting my sister’s three dogs. I believe that it’ll only be for one night, but two of them are big boxers, so it’ll be a bit chaotic. I love those dogs though, so I don’t mind.

6. Tomorrow involves the family driving three hours south to attend a memorial. Sunday will be a catch up around the house sort of day, and then some friends and their daughter will be coming over for dinner.

7. I can’t believe that summer vacation is just around the corner. Not that I’ll have any time off work, but the boys I nanny will. I’m going to have to start getting creative with the things we do! Confession: I have a folder in my bookmarks called ‘Nanny Fun’ that I’ve been filling with links to crafts and recipes and such. I’m going to make July a fun month for them.

What are your plans for the weekend? Tell me all about them!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...