Friday, June 24, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 44)

1. It’s been one heck of a week. (Wait, don’t I always start my Friday posts this way?) I got a call last minute on Wednesday afternoon seeing if I was free to babysit that night for a couple of hours. Straight from one job to another. I was supposed to have today off, but ended up filling my morning with some work; I’m supposed to have Tuesday off, but offered it to my Monday/Wednesday family. Who am I? Why am I making myself work so much?

2. The weather has been wacky all week. Raining on and off, but sunny and hot yesterday and Wednesday. Woke up to a massive headache yesterday that I’m blaming the weather for.

3. The good thing about the sunny weather is that I get to take my boys outside for adventures. I brought T to this hill that has a fantastic view of downtown and he was completely smitten with all of the buildings.

Downtown

4. Baby E started solids last week, but I just started feeding them to him this week. The faces he makes when I’m feeding him carrots is priceless.

5. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this here before, but when I’m baking, I write out blog posts in my head. I have such a ridiculous narrative going through my head during the baking process but when I sit down to write the post, it’s just not there anymore. Maybe that means I need my own show so that I can get those thoughts out there right away!

6. Stephen and I finally caught up on Dexter and on United States of Tara. Holy heck do I ever love those shows! We’re now looking for new shows to fill our time. I’ve been hearing such good things about Friday Night Lights so I borrowed the first two seasons from my parents. Any other recommendations?

7. I’ve got a baby shower and a pancake party to attend this weekend. Should be fun! What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...