Monday, June 13, 2011

Oven Baked Hotdogs

Since my weekend was rather uneventful (which makes for rather boring blog posts), I thought that I would share some recipes today and on Wednesday.

June 14 002

I don’t normally share dinner type recipes because I’m not much of a cook. Since I can’t get away with not ever cooking, there are times that I’m in charge of dinner. I came across this recipe on Pinterest. I’m not a big fan of hotdogs (unless they’re barbecued), but for some reason, these looked really good. I’ve never baked hotdogs before, and I’ve definitely never put pre made hotdog buns in the oven for this long. I’m not typically a fan of mayonnaise on my hotdogs or hamburgers, but in this case, it tastes really good. My only tip, courtesy of Stephen, is to not use giant hotdogs or buns. Makes it easier to eat. I adapted the recipe to only make four, but I’m writing out the recipe for the original 8.

Oven Baked Hotdogs
From Sunshine and Bones

8 hotdogs
8 hotdog buns
1 can chili
1/2 a diced onion
grated cheese
mayonnaise
mustard
relish

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Spread the inside of the hotdog buns evenly with mayonnaise and relish. Stick in hotdogs, and fill a 9x13” pan.
3. Top hotdogs with mustard, chili, onion and cheese. Cover with tin foil, and bake for 45 minutes.

Who knew a hotdog could be so good?

June 14 004

I’m working on making a cookbook (for personal use) filled with tried and true dinner type recipes. Every time we try a new recipe, we judge it based on whether or not it should be put in the cookbook. This was a keeper.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...