Thursday, June 9, 2011

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is one of those recipes in my collection that I have no idea where it came from. I copied it down one day on a scrap of paper, then it eventually made its way onto a recipe card that resides in my recipe box. All you need to know about these cookies is that they’re good. They’re also giant; nearly the size of my hand. I love that this recipe is enough for at least three dozen cookies, perfect for freezing to enjoy later. Only problem is that they don’t last long in my house. Stephen and I are always sneaking into the kitchen to grab just one more cookie. They’ve got the perfect ratio of crispy to soft going on.

June 3 077

You know what makes them even better? Turning them into ice cream sandwiches. 2 scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream sandwiched between two of these cookies is divine. It does make for one monstrous ice cream sandwich, so we often only ate half at a time. Totally worth it.

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies

4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups melted butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
3 1/2 cups chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to 325F. Line cookie sheets.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Beat in vanilla, eggs and egg yolks until creamy.
3. Mix in flour, baking soda and salt, until just blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Drop by the 1/4 cupful onto cookie sheets. Bake 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

June 3 074

June 3 084

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...