Friday, June 10, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 42)

1. I’m so glad that it’s Friday. I’m sitting here, barely able to keep my eyes open. It’s been yet another long week, and I’m excited to sleep in tomorrow.

2. Speaking of sleep, I downloaded the Sleep Cycle Alarm app. I realize that it’s not entirely accurate, but it’s kind of neat to see what my sleeping pattern for the night before is. According to the app, I go between asleep and awake several times a night. Kind of neat.

3. Stephen got accepted to school this week! He had been previously waitlisted, but received a letter this week saying that he can attend. How exciting for him!

4. Stephen and I finished watching season 4 of Dexter last night. It was so good! We’re glad to be finally able to start on the last season, but I’ll be really sad when we have to wait for the next season to come out on DVD.

5. The basil we were growing on our balcony has pretty much died. We’ve never grown herbs before, so this was kind of like an experiment. I figure it’s probably because we planted it next to Dill (also known as Dill Weed), which is flourishing and probably killed it off. I’m hoping to go buy some more basil this weekend and to plant it in a separate pot.

6. Our tomato plant seems to be doing well, we’ve got a bunch of itsy-bitsy tomatoes popping up all over! As for our strawberry plant, I’m worried that I may have killed that one as well. It’s rained nearly every day this week, so I didn’t think twice about needing to water it. I went out last night to find out that it doesn’t get any of the rain, and was bone dry! I feel so awful. Hopefully I can bring it back to being healthy again. It has produced a couple of strawberries though.

7. Did you read my post on Wednesday? Well, through Twitter, I won a $100 gift card! I’ve already spent a good chunk of it on something for Stephen, and two cookbooks for me: Martha Stewart’s Cookies and David Lebovitz’s A Perfect Scoop. I think I’ll spend some time in the kitchen this weekend!
What are you doing this weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...