Friday, June 3, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 41)

1. I have the day off, so I slept in, which is why this post is coming to you later than normal. I didn’t get to sleep in as long as I’d like because I was woken up by a text. Life is so difficult. (Sarcasm.)

2. I’m hoping this day off is filled with baking and lounging around the house, I could really use that today.

3. This week was a rough one for me. On Monday and Wednesday, I worked with a different family. (My regular one had Grandma visiting and didn’t need me.) There were two boys, ages 2 and 4. I’ve worked with them before, but only as their night time babysitter, so I’d only ever get them for an hour or so before sending them off to bed. I had them for full 9.5 hour days, and the oldest has ADHD, so that was a new challenge for me to work with and figure out. He wore me out.

4. 3 days this week involved taking my boys on big long adventures with the hope of occupying and tiring them out. These adventures involve walks that took up most of the morning, and they all seemed to be uphill. I was tired by the end of them, but all of the kids seemed to bounce right back. Regardless, it’s still so nice to be out of the house and to see a different part of the city than I’m used to.

5. By the time yesterday rolled around, I was completely worn out and could barely muster up the energy to do anything at work. Thank goodness for caffeine.

6. One of the good things about working with the other family this week is the fact that I got to commute to work with Stephen. Both days, he happened to be starting an hour later and I was starting an hour earlier. I usually take transit against rush hour traffic, but this time I was going with rush hour traffic. I loved our little walks to the train station. Stephen has got to be the only person who can get me to talk and even laugh first thing in the morning. As my family can be sure to attest, I’m incredibly grouchy first thing.

7. Stephen has Saturday and Sunday off, so I’m really looking forward to a relaxing weekend together. This is a rare occurrence for us that normally only happens if it’s been planned out. So far, our only plans are to go for donuts and to see a movie.

What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...