Thursday, June 2, 2011

Baking Around the Blogosphere.

You’ll have to forgive me for not posting a recipe of my own today. I feel like all I’ve done the past few weeks is work. I’ll work long days with my regular nanny family, then head straight to other babysitting jobs that I’ve picked up for an evening. Last week was filled with Big Brothers Big Sisters interviews and mandatory academic advising sessions and I just haven’t had a moment to stop and think, let alone bake. I feel like a marathon baking session is in my near future. Most likely this weekend, because I’ve got two full days with no commitments. Stephen will be home all weekend as well, so he’ll be sure to encourage me to get in the kitchen!

To tide everyone over, I thought I’d link you guys to some recipes that I’ve bookmarked.

frozen hot chocolate

I did actually make this frozen hot chocolate this week. I have a feeling it’ll be making a few more appearances in our household this summer. We didn’t have any white chocolate, so I used all semi-sweet and it tasted divine.

Chocolate chip peanut butter pound cake with peanut butter glaze. How have I not made this yet? Perhaps this weekend. I may even just eat it for breakfast if I’m feeling indulgent enough.

Speaking of breakfast, this chocolate french toast is probably something a bit more fitting for a morning meal. Think I can convince Stephen to make it for me, then serve it to me in bed?

Roasted banana ice cream. Could you imagine this with a peanut butter swirl and some chocolate sauce?

Here’s something else I actually made this week: baked Hasselback potatoes. They’re impressive because you make thin slices across the entire potato, spread a little bit of an olive oil based mixture in between the layers and bake. See, I do eat things besides dessert. I’m still amazed that I can actually cook edible dinners.

Ok, so I can’t ever stray far from dessert. It has to be in my blood or something. Thanks to my current love Pinterest, I found these peanut butter pie parfaits. These will be making their way to my table very soon. I just know it.

Now that I’ve made myself hungry, I want you to chime in. Have you bookmarked any recipes lately? If so, please share a link!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...