Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday

#82 at Roots and Rings

1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
I miss the anticipation of it. The excitement over the prospect of long lazy days spent out in the sun.

2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Nope. We were supposed to do a Vancouver/Victoria/Seattle trip, but that got cancelled when I got accepted into school.

3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
Everything. Steak, chicken, hamburgers, corn on the cob, veggies…. Everything tastes better barbecued.

4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
I don’t. I do however, celebrate Canada Day (July 1st). It’s usually just by watching the fireworks. The past few years, I’ve had to work the next day, so I haven’t had the chance to go out and do anything too fun. This year, Canada Day falls on a Friday, so I’ll definitely be planning something.

5. What’s your favorite beverage to drink in the summertime?
Iced coffee, lemonade, iced passion tea lemonade. Anything cold, really.

6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
I actually have no idea what movies are coming out this summer. I don’t pay much attention to what’s coming out until it’s a few short weeks before the release date and ads are everywhere.

7. In the car: windows down or AC?
Depends. If we’re driving down the highway, then I prefer AC. If we’re just cruising along through residential streets, then I prefer the windows down. I don’t like when the wind is loud and whipping through the car.

8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
I haven’t.

9. Do you wear sunscreen?
I really try to remember to. I always slather it all over the kids I nanny, but by the time I’m finished with them, I barely have a moment to throw it on myself. Bad, I know.

10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Picnics, BBQ’s, summer festivals. I just adore everything about summer really.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...