Friday, May 27, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 40)

1. Despite the fact that I had Monday off, it’s been a long, busy week. I had such a hard time getting out of bed this morning, and I barely feel awake.

2. Tuesday night, Stephen and I had our interviews for Big Brothers Big Sisters. We were interviewed separately at first, then together. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, and definitely a bit shorter than what I was told. We now have to wait about two months for our criminal record checks and our child intervention checks to go through.

3. I had a mandatory advising session to attend on Wednesday evening for school. I was stressing about it because I was worried about making it there on time after work, and I was worried about getting lost. That afternoon, the baby I look after spit up all over my jeans, and I didn’t have time to change first. Despite that, I made it to the session in the nick of time…only to find out that online students didn’t need to be there. The advisor said that I could sit through the session because I could learn some useful stuff, but I really didn’t learn much of anything. All that stress for nothing.

4. Last night, a lady from Mary Kay came over to pamper me and two friends. My sister had actually been offered the pampering session and invited me and a friend. It was nice, but it took entirely way too long. I stayed up later than normal, and I’m definitely paying for it now.

5. After work tonight, I’ll be heading right back to work. I agreed to babysit for another family. I’m sort of regretting it now, but I do have to keep in mind that less than two hours after I arrive, the kids will be in bed for the night. I’m worried that the parents will come home to find me passed out on their couch!

6. Yesterday, it rained all day, non stop. I know that Alberta can use the rain (especially after the Slave Lake fires), but a few breaks throughout the day would be nice. I got soaked a few times yesterday.

7. I don’t have too many plans for this weekend, which means that I’ll be able to sleep in! I’m trying to organize a craft night with the girls tomorrow night though, so hopefully that works out.
What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...