Monday, May 9, 2011

101 in 1001: An Update

8 months. That’s all I have left to complete this (not so) little project. When I first started making this list, I felt like there was no way that this would ever come to an end, yet at the same time, I knew the end would come much too quickly. Does that even make sense? I’ve already been contemplating what I want to do when December 6 rolls around, but haven’t settled on an idea. I love having a list of goals to work towards, and I feel like a bucket list (while amazing) is just a bit too broad for me. I need something that is supposed to happen quicker. Do I start another 101 list when this one is done? Or should I start a 30 before 30 list? I’m thinking that the 30 before 30 list is a bit too soon; I have 5 years before I turn 30, so that may be just a bit too long for me. I’ll have enough time to complete another 101 in 1001 list and start a 30 before 30 list.

Wow, rereading that paragraph makes me realize just how much of a nerd I truly am. I seem to have a bit of an obsession with lists, no? I also make summer lists every year, so I’ll let you decide how to answer that question. Let’s get on to the update though, shall we?

Find the original 101 in 1001 list here.

Completed:
7. Go to the ballet: Stephen surprised me with ballet tickets for our 3 year anniversary. You can read more about that here if you like.

18. Make a fancy birthday cake 4 times: I have no idea why I picked 4 as my magic number, but this has been done many times over. I bake a cake whenever anyone’s birthday comes up, and there’s even two specific ones that have turned into annual repeats. (Rum Carrot Cake for my Dad and Bobby Flay’s German Chocolate Cake for Stephen.)

41. Buy a magazine subscription: I subscribed to Martha Stewart because I’m cool like that.

42. Write down 100 things that make me happy: This has to be one of the easiest things on the list, yet I never took the time to actually do it until recently. While my boys at work were working on a craft project, I sat with them and wrote out my list. It came together rather quickly!

45. Make my own Christmas cards: Pretty self explanatory. They weren’t fancy this year thanks to the move, but I didn’t purchase a single greeting card. I have plans to do it again this Christmas.

79: Throw Mom and Dad birthday parties: With my Dad’s birthday being in April, his was easy to complete right away (dinner at Stephen’s restaurant). My Mom’s birthday is December 11, so it can sometimes get lost in all the hustle and bustle of Christmas. We always acknowledge it, but it’s usually just a simple family dinner. This past birthday, Stephen and I decided to throw her a combination birthday party/housewarming (for us) party. It was bigger than I had anticipated!

100. Get a craft room/space of my own: This was so important to me. I love creating, but didn’t get to do it often as I never had a space to devote to it. When we moved into the current space, we had an extra room that we filled with two desks and turned it into Stephen’s computer area and my craft area. I love it so much!

In progress:

10. Finish a scrapbook and keep it for myself: Every scrapbook I have ever made has been a gift for someone else, and I had been wanting one to keep all for myself. I’m currently working on one just for me!

101. Do the 365 photo challenge: 1 picture a day for 365 days. I wasn’t entirely sure if I could get one every day, but I’m trying. I’m not beating myself up if I miss a day though. What matters most (and why I even started the project) is that I pick up my camera and document memories.

Do you have any goals that you’re working towards?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...