Monday, May 30, 2011

Craft Night

I love my friends dearly, but there are times that I wish they were more crafty. I’d love to invite them all over for a craft night; where we could talk, eat and craft the night away. Doesn’t that just sound lovely? I decided that despite the fact that they’re not all as craft oriented as I am, I’d attempt to organize a craft night anyway.

That turned out to be a fail. An hour or so before people were supposed to show up, everyone cancelled, except for my sister. I can always count on Jessica to hang out with me and have a good time! We started the evening off by making tissue paper pompoms, using this tutorial from Smile and Wave. I should have grabbed some pictures of Jessica’s pompoms, but forgot. She made black and yellow ones!

May 29 006

May 29 002

I hung mine on my side of the office, above my craft desk. Yes, that gold tower you spy is the Burj Khalifa. My friend Hannah brought it over for me as a souvenir.

Next on the list was felt pinwheels. We made them using this tutorial from Mrs. Priss. I turned mine into three different things. First up, I stuck them in a wooden stick,and they’ll reside in my vase full of buttons.

May 29 019

May 29 020

Next, I turned two of them into magnets. I just hot glued a magnet on the back, and then stuck one on my fridge and one of the magnetic bulletin board in the office.

Lastly, I glued some on to a piece of twine, and hung them up underneath my magnetic bulletin board!

May 29 008

I realize everything is off centre, but I rarely notice it.

May 29 011

My little craft space is feeling more and more homey every day!

Do you like making crafts? Would you ever go to a craft night with friends, even if you weren’t very craft oriented? Tell me about the last thing you crafted!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...