Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

#36

1. What was/is your favorite live action (meaning not animated) kids movie?
I don’t think these were necessarily kids movies, but I was obsessed with Adventures in Babysitting and Don’t Tell Mom The Babysitter’s Dead. I currently own both of them on DVD!

2. What is a bad habit you have? Are you working on breaking it?
I’m super forgetful. I’ve been working on fixing that my entire life.

3. Describe your father in 3 words.
Strong, Loving, Giving.

4. Which character in the Breakfast Club were you most like in the ’80s?
While I have seen the Breakfast Club, I never related to it, so I honestly can’t pick someone that I was most like. (Also, in the ‘80s? I was born in ‘86.)

5. Name 5 songs you know ALL the lyrics to.
Pretty much every Spice Girls song and every Backstreet Boys song, even now. There are plenty of current songs that I know most of the words to, but none that I know all of the words too.

6. Do you make pancakes from scratch or a box mix?
Scratch. Stephen and I promised each other that we would be a family that only ever makes pancakes from scratch.
(We also promised each other that we would be one of those families that always has a variety of cereals to choose from. We currently have seven varieties.)

7. What was your worst job ever? Why?
My first family that I worked with as a nanny. Without going into too much detail, we were a bad fit.

8. What was your favorite class in high school?
Band. I was a flautist.

9. Favorite summer guilty pleasure?
Slurpees and Iced Coffee drinks.

10. Please share your best money saving tip!
Learn to make your favorite Starbucks drinks at home. Last summer, I was making up to 2 trips a day to Starbucks (during a 2 week period only, thankfully) to buy iced coffee. I came across this iced coffee recipe on Smitten Kitchen and decided to start making it at home. With a touch of French Vanilla creamer, it’s fantastic!
In my defence, the apartment I was living in last summer was a block away from two Starbucks’. Literally right across the street from each other. Hell yeah.
The closest Starbucks to me now is a 5 block walk.

**********

Just a reminder that if you're participating in the Craving Fab Pastries Challenge, we'll be posting our results tomorrow, and you can head over to Fab Brunette to link up!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...