Friday, June 11, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 4)

7 quick takes

1. You can find me guest posting over at Tweeded.com today. Mel does these fabulous Domesticated Friday posts, so I (naturally) baked some Soft Oatmeal Cookies for her. Drop by and say hi, Mel is pretty awesome.

domesticatedfriday
2. Stephen and I had a last minute date night on Wednesday night. We grabbed some poutine for dinner and went to see Killers. I had low expectations for the movie, but found it to be hilarious! Go see it if you're in need of a good laugh.

3. We came home last night to a weird smell in our apartment. We searched high and low, cleaned out the guinea pig cage and took out the trash. Still can't figure out what it is. I hope we find it soon.

4. I haven’t had much time for reading blogs this week, and it’s starting to show in my Google Reader. The amount of unread blogs sitting in there is a little bit ridiculous, and just goes to show that I need to clean it out soon.

5. My nanny family is going on vacation in July, which would have given me a “forced vacation”. While I would love to have 2.5 weeks off, it wouldn’t be good for our bank accounts. Luckily, my Friday Family has stepped up and offered me some work during that time.

6. All this week, I’ve had Stephen home every night. It’s been so nice having someone to eat dinner with, but now he’s going back to night shifts. Just in time for the weekend, of course.

7. This week has kicked my butt. It’s been full of a few 10.5 hour days, and rain almost non-stop. I’m looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully I can stay in bed for most of it. Ok, that’s not likely, but one can dream, right?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...