Friday, June 18, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 5)

7 quick takes

1. I got the Sweet Blog award from My Leigh Ashley. Thanks love! Blog awards always make me smile.
sweetblog 2. It’s been another rainy and cold week here in Calgary. We’ve only had glimpses of warm weather, so I’m kind of feeling deprived right now. When I’m reading blogs and people are complaining of their hot weather, I get a wee bit jealous. I can’t help it, if you were here, you’d probably understand. Although, I do have to admit that Calgary is looking exceptionally green and lush right now.

3. My nanny family has been passing around some sort of stomach bug/cold to each other this week. I’ll spare you the details, but it really hasn’t been pleasant for them. I normally catch whatever they have, and this time was no exception. I seem to have caught the cold portion of their sickness, so let’s keep our fingers crossed that it’ll stop at that.

4. I’m in full wedding outfit shopping mode. I left it kind of late, as the wedding is July 2nd, so I’ve got my work cut out for me. I’ll be going after work tomorrow to check out a few dresses. I saw one online that I loved, so I’m praying that they’ll have it in store.

5. While shopping on Wednesday, I noticed that Bath & Body Works was having a sale, and that the antibacterial soap was 6 for $20. Their soap is my favorite, but for whatever reason, I didn’t stop to pick it up. I was telling Stephen about it the next day, and he was all “Why can’t we just use regular soap? Why does it have to be all girly?” I couldn’t help but laugh at him. He’ll never understand why I like certain brands of anything.

6. I’ve been trying desperately to find the Canadian equivalent of Pandora. We don’t get it here, and I haven’t been having any luck. I suppose my next best bet is just listening to radio stations. Any that you’d like to recommend to me?

7. I invited some friends over to bake and eat pie this weekend. I’m kind of excited to have them over, especially since I haven’t seen one of them in ages. I need a good girls night.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...