Thursday, June 10, 2010

S’mores Cookies

Baking With Angela

It’s not often that I’ll give Stephen control over what I bake. I know most of his favorites, and more often than not he’s perfectly happy with what I bake, even if I haven’t asked for his opinion. On Sunday, I was looking for things to bake. I was flipping through my recipes, but i just wasn’t being very decisive. When I asked Stephen what he thought I should make, he knew instantly: the S’mores Cookies. You remember when I had a little poll and let you guys decide what I should bake? The options were peanut butter cheerio bars, s’mores cookies and dulce de leche brownies. Stephen had been rooting for the s’mores cookies from the beginning and was pretty bummed when they didn’t win. Ever since, he had been begging me to make them but I just haven’t felt like it. I finally decided to just go for it. I know that Stephen won’t be the only one thanking me for doing so!

June 6 078

Some notes on the recipe: I used margarine because I forgot to pick up butter when I was at the store. I believe it’s because of this that my cookies spread out a bit more than the pictures I looked at, and caused my batter to be quite soft. If you do the same, don’t let that freak you out. My cookies still tasted great. If you grab colored mini marshmallows that are fruit flavored, it’s not the end of the world. I still liked the way my cookies tasted. Next time however, I’ll try and find plain marshmallows. I also couldn’t find any plain Hershey bars, so I grabbed ones with almonds in them. We’re nut lovers around here, so it didn’t make a difference.
June 6 056 June 6 057

S’mores Cookies
Adapted from Lovin’ From The Oven

(Printable Recipe)

1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
Mini marshmallows
2 Hersey Bars, chopped

June 6 0401. Combine butter and sugars until fluffy. Mix in egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
2. Add in flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, and baking soda, mixing well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for about an hour.
3. Preheat oven to 375F.
4. Drop by rounded teaspoon full onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and press in 3to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of chocolate into each cookie. Return to oven and bake for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.

June 6 068

June 6 075

ETA: These cookies are super sweet. I've put most of them in the freezer, so that I can only pull out 2 or 3 at a time. If you're baking them for a crowd, they'll be great, but if you're baking them for just yourself and your lover, you'll definitely need to freeze a bunch.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...