Thursday, April 7, 2011

S’mores Brownies

Back when my sister Jessica started dating her boyfriend, I invited them both over for dinner. I apparently made some sort of beer and cheddar soup thing (that no one liked) and some s’mores brownies for dessert. Those brownies seemed to have made an impression on Daniel, and he’s been asking me to make them for him ever since. Daniel helped Stephen and I move into our house in December, and as a way to say thank you, I was supposed to make him s’mores brownies. For some reason, I didn’t make them until this past weekend.

April 5 113

It seems like I didn’t save the recipe for these brownies. That’s strange, because I squirrel away recipes like nobodies business. I’ve got recipes shoved into every drawer in this house, and I’ve even got several tucked away in books. Jessica and Daniel were coming over for a games night and I knew that I wanted to bake these brownies. Luckily, there was a recipe posted on Recipe Girl the week of. Done deal! I may have over baked the brownies a little bit, but the entire batch still disappeared quite quickly. Hopefully Daniel enjoyed his brownies!

S’mores Brownies
From Recipe Girl

(Printable Recipe)

Crust:

7 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp sugar

1. Preheat oven to 325F. Line and grease an 8x8” pan.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press into pan, and bake for 15 minutes.

Brownie Layer:

1/2 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
1 cup flour

1. In a heat proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water on the stove, melt the chocolate and butter. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Add eggs and beat well. Fold in flour.
3. Bake for 35-40 minutes.

Topping:

1 cup chocolate chips
3 cups mini marshmallows
1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs

1. Turn the oven to broil.
2. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of brownies. Top with mini marshmallows and then graham cracker crumbs.
3. Put the pan back in the oven, and toast the marshmallows until golden brown. Keep a close eye on the marshmallows, because they can burn quickly.

Enjoy!

April 5 105

April 5 114

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...