Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brownie Ice Cream

I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this here before, but my first experience (that I can recall) with homemade ice cream was not a pleasant one. The family and I were out to dinner at a friend’s house, and we were served homemade ice cream for dessert. It was…just not good. Too salty. We all ate it to be polite though. That didn’t stop me from wanting my own ice cream maker though. I knew that not all homemade ice cream is bad, so I had to conquer it for myself. My first ever batch didn’t turn out, as I was still getting to know my ice cream maker. At least it was still edible!

april 20 012

When I bought the Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment, I also bought the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream recipe book. I had seen it recommended through several blogs and knew that I couldn’t pass up that opportunity. I’ve been working my way through the book and have loved every recipe so far. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s easy. I’ve made it so many times that I’ve got it memorized. I’ll be serving this ice cream with dessert on Easter!

Brownie Ice Cream
From Ben & Jerry’s Homemade Ice Cream & Dessert Book

(Printable Recipe)

2 eggs
3/4 cups sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup frozen brownie chunks

1. Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar. Mix in milk, heavy cream and vanilla.
2. Transfer to an ice cream make and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. About 2-3 minutes before it’s finished mixing, add in the brownie chunks, then continue mixing.
3. Freeze for 4-6 hours.

Enjoy!

april 20 011

april 20 013

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...