Thursday, April 14, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies

Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels. What more could a girl want out of life?

Ok, don’t answer that. But at this very moment? Chocolate, peanut butter and pretzels all rolled into cookie form are all I need. I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather lately, but not enough so to take time off work. So, while Baby E was napping, and I was trying to cram in an early lunch, these cookies provided a brief respite from my crazy days. (Side note: Since becoming a nanny, my new lunch time is 11:30am, every day.)

April 13 149

I adapted this recipe from Picky Palate. She did a white chocolate version, but since Stephen doesn’t like white chocolate, I never have it on hand. I was cooking dinner on Monday night, and wanted to whip up some cookie dough while my chicken was baking, which means there was no time for a trip to the store. No problem, I just substituted semisweet chocolate chips. Done deal.
Trust me, you’ll love these cookies.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
Adapted from Picky Palate

(Printable Recipe)

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 1/4 cups + 2 tbsp peanut butter
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tso baking soda
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 cup broken pretzel pieces
1 (additional) cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Melt chocolate chips and 2 tbsp of peanut butter in a double boiler on the stove.
4. In a separate bowl, beat together butter and sugars. Beat in melted chocolate mixture. Add in egg and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture.
5. Drop by the tablespoonful onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Enjoy!

April 13 151

April 13 146

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...