Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Dinner

Like I mentioned earlier in the week, the only time we could get the whole family together for dinner was on Monday evening. It was mine and Stephen’s first time hosting a holiday dinner, and we were pretty excited!

April 27 003April 27 012

I spent all of Sunday baking treats for everyone. Monday was a busy day, since Stephen and I seem to have the mentality that we should do things big. My family came over earlier in the day (around 2pm) and we spent the afternoon just hanging out. The weather was nice enough that we all went to the field by my house to throw around a football and Frisbee. We even made friends some boys who were at the park.

April 27 027

Closer to dinner time, we had four of my friends show up, putting us at a grand total of 12 people. My parents had to bring all of the chairs from their house so everyone would have a place to sit down and eat! There was just so much food: Turkey, bacon croissant stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies,  and candied carrots. I’m sure there was more that I’m forgetting about.

April 27 034

After dinner, we dived right into dessert. I baked rum carrot cake, and I had made 5 different types of ice cream. That might have been a bit much, but it was the first time that I had a chance to share ice cream with my family that I had made myself. After dinner, we played a few games.

Overall, I’d say that dinner was a success. A bit chaotic at tiApril 27 042mes, but a good practice run for Christmas dinner (we’ll be having even more people over)!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...