Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my Dad’s birthday (Happy birthday Dad)! To celebrate, the whole family went out on Saturday night, including my sister Tracy and her fiancé, who came in from Vulcan.

April 18 020

We started off the night with dinner at The Cheesecake Café. I’m always happy to be there because it’s not often I get cheesecake! The Bailey’s cheesecake is amazing. My Dad opened his gifts while we were there. Stephen built my Dad a model ship, and it seems like he loves it. Awesome!

April 18 027

After dinner, we briefly went to Shanks, thinking that we could bowl, but it was just way too busy. We ended up back at my parent’s place to play a game. My family is always playing some sort of board game! This was a new one that Tracy and Kent brought over called Quelf. The gist of the game is that you move your piece around the board and draw cards, most of which have some sort of action that you need to complete. If you don’t complete the action, then you have to take a penalty and move back. At one point in the game, I drew a card that made me talk like Frankenstein (grunts and one word sentences only). The chair I was sitting on broke, leading me to yell something more than a word long, so I lost the points on that one. I also ended up with a tie around my forehead for the rest of the game, and any time someone said my name, I had to put my fingers in a ‘W’ shape on my forehead and say whatever. My family took great pleasure in saying my name after that! (Jessica and I are having a thumb war in the picture below.)

April 18 050

At the end of the game, we all had to draw a bulls eye and tape it to our clothing, with the hope that you catch someone else staring at it. Tracy and Kent took that quite seriously. We’ve already made plans to try this game again at Easter, with a bigger crowd.

April 18 055

I think it’s safe to say that my Dad’s birthday was a good one.
What did you get up to this weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...