Friday, April 22, 2011

7 Quick Takes (vol 35)

1. Stephen and I are applying to do Couples 4 Kids, which is a program with Big Brothers and Big Sisters Calgary. I'm pretty excited about this, but it seems to be a lengthy application process. We need police and child intervention checks, interviews and volunteer training. Regardless, it will be a great experience for us!

2. I finally got to see my friend Hannah. I wrote last week that I was going to be seeing her, but with conflicting schedules, it was tough finding a good time to meet up. We went out for dinner last night, and she gave me some little souvenirs of the Burj to give to the boys I nanny (they're obsessed with the world's tallest building).

3. I worked 6 days in a row, had one day off and then worked 4 days in a row. To say I'm exhausted would be an understatement. Thankfully, I do have a four day weekend ahead of me! Although, that does include babysitting tomorrow night for about 5 hours with two new kids. Should be interesting.

4. I decided last night to go through our PVR and clean up shows we've already watched. I deleted a whole whack of them, and realized that I love recording trashy reality TV. One of the shows I had set to record did a funny thing. The PVR said that there were 13 episodes recorded, and when I wen to check them out, it was the same 2 episodes over and over again! Strange.

5. We're hosting Easter dinner at our house this year. This means that I'll be spending most of my weekend baking and cleaning.

6. I made brownie ice cream at 6:30am on Wednesday. Don't worry, I didn't sample it (much).

7. I got two movies out of the library this week that I was really excited for, and I didn't like either one of them! I took out Morning Glory yesterday morning, so I'm hoping that it makes up for the other two movies.

What are your plans for Easter?



blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...