Monday, April 11, 2011

The Books On My Nightstand

I've been to the library quite a few times recently (yesterday, in fact) and then to the thrift store twice. I love going to the thrift store to pick up new books because they're cheap! All of the books that I've found there have been in nearly brand new condition. Which is good, because I'm kind of picky about the condition that my books are in.Side note: Can you believe that my books are still in boxes, and we've lived in this house for over 4 months? I need a new bookshelf, but since we also need a lot of other things, it's just been sitting on the list.
Here's a sampling of the books piling up on my nightstand:
Julie & Julia, and Cleaving by Julie Powell. Ever since I saw the movie, I've been interested in reading the books. I just finished Julie & Julia, and I'm about halfway through Cleaving. I find that Julie is portrayed quite differently in the movie compared to the book. Cleaving is about her affair, so it's quite the departure from the first book. Still really good. Both library books as well, which is disappointing because I'd love to own them.

Roasting in Hell's Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay. I originally picked this up for Stephen at the library, but when he told me that he really enjoyed it, I decided to renew it so I could read it as well. I've always loved Chef Ramsay
Goodnight Nobody and Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. I need some good chick lit every once in a while.
Alligator by Lisa Moore. I have to admit that I originally grabbed this only because I recognized the cover. It sounds like an interesting read!

drink, play, f@#k by Andrew Gottlieb. I read Eat, Pray, Love, and now I want to read the man's version of the story. Sounds like it should be a good read!

Have you read any of these books? What books do you have on your nightstand?
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...