Friday, October 1, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 17)

7 quick takes

1. On Tuesday afternoons, I have to take T to swimming lessons. As with all pools, I have to take my shoes off when I walk him out to his teacher. The past three weeks, I’ve noticed how all the Moms have great looking pedicures, and how my nail polish was old and chipped. I repainted my toe nails on Monday night just so I wouldn’t be embarrassed again.

2. The past two weeks, T hasn’t actually gotten in the pool. There’s some benches in front of windows looking into the pool where all the Moms sit to watch the swimming lessons. T spent the entire class making faces at me on the other side of the window. Awesome. We have to endure this until December.

3. On Wednesday, I took a nap at work. Although I had to nap in a rocking chair, it was such a glorious nap! And just so you know, on the first day, the Mom told me I could nap.

4. My sister and her boyfriend have started looking at rings. I’m not sure I’m ready for this yet.

5. Thanksgiving is in 11 days. I need to start thinking of what to bake! I’m considering attempting a pecan pie, because I’ve never had one. Any suggestions for what I should bake?

6. Now that our landlord knows that we’re moving, he’s looking to sell our apartment. He called yesterday to tell us that a realtor would stop by to look at the place. We spent forever trying to clean the apartment up and get our laundry done before he came over, and the realtor ended up staying for 5 minutes. I felt like we worked so hard that he really should have just stayed longer to appreciate it, ha.

7. I am seriously in love with the espresso machine at work. I want to make several cups a day, so I have to restrain myself. I’m seriously trying to figure out how to come up with the $300 to buy it. Anyone want to donate to my Nespresso fund?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...