Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How Do You Network?

As bloggers, you’d expect us to be good at social networking, right? Turns out, that’s not always the case. I’ve talked with a few bloggers here and there, and they claim to not be very good at it. I think that in part, it comes down to the fact that we don’t always know how to. Yes, we’ve got Facebook and Twitter (find me here!), but sometimes, bloggers need more than that. Here’s what I’ve found so far that works for me.

20 Something Bloggers
This is the first online community type that I discovered just before I started my blog. I’ve spent hours on the site, joining groups and discovering other bloggers. It’s a great active community that can really rally together in a time of need. Some of my very closest blogging friends have been discovered through 20SB.
You can find my profile here.

The Secret to Success is Support
With daily posts filled tips and tricks pertaining to blogging, and posts promoting various members in the community, SITS is a great place to get noticed. Recently, tribes were introduced as a way for members to really connect with each other and develop a core group of support. I’m part of the Ribbit tribe, and was even asked to become the tribe community lead. I’m looking forward to getting to know the ladies in my tribe and connecting with more bloggers!

The Lady Bloggers Society
Another fantastic community with daily posts on ways to improve your blogging experience. Every Saturday, they host a Lady Blogger Social Tea Party where you can link up your blog. The idea is that you check out other blogs that are linked up, and then come back and leave a comment with what you liked about the blogs. I’ve discovered a few new bloggers this way, and also gained a few followers as well! I love the fact that there’s no pressure, I don’t have to link up if I don’t feel like it.

Now it’s your turn. How do you network? Are you apart of any communities or sites to promote your blog?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...