Thursday, October 28, 2010

Banana Crumb Muffins

I love baking banana bread. I feel like it’s the most quickest way to get my apartment smelling good and to make it really feel like a home. Sometimes though, I can bake too much banana bread. At work last week, I was told to feel free to bake something with the mushy bananas, so I took advantage of that. I had just spent the evening before baking banana bread and needed to try something different. After a bit of searching, I came across this recipe for banana crumb muffins, and it turned out to be a winner! The kids loved them and would have eaten the full dozen in one sitting if I had let them.
October 24 010

Banana Crumb Muffins
Adapted from All Recipes

(Printable Recipe)

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
Crumb topping:
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

October 24 002

1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, beat bananas, sugars, egg and butter. Fold into the flour mixture. Pour into lightly greased muffin tin.
4. For crumb topping: Mix together brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle over top of muffins.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
October 24 008

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...