Monday, October 25, 2010

Women of Wonder: Mission #2

WOW_blogpost_img_alt2

I’m a bit behind on posting my missions because of how much planning has been involved, so this mission is actually from two weeks ago.

The theme for the week was Rediscover Your Beauty. I was to express my beauty and grace through a ballet class with friends. After searching around for a bit, I was lucky to stumble upon Dance Through Life, an adult dance and fitness studio. I talked with Paula and arranged for two friends and I to take a Wednesday night class. I’m not going to lie, I was nervous. I have never been graceful, and I’ve never taken a dance class in my life. I brought along my sister Jessica and my friend Izel. We walked into the studio, and I was recognized right away by Paula. She warmly welcomed us and made us feel at ease. We met the ballet teacher, Karen, who reassured us that it would be an easy class.
October 24 011 October 24 012

Ballet is a great workout. We tried our hardest to keep up, and a few times, my less than graceful self just couldn’t do it. I didn’t mind though, because Karen encouraged us (her ballerinas!) and always kept a smile on her face, which made it much easier on me. After the class, Jessica, Izel and I went to a coffee shop. Sitting around talking with them about the things that made us feel beautiful made me realize that I’m beautiful because of the people that I surround myself with. The enrich my life and help me feel good about myself when I’m feeling down. I’m truly lucky to have these girls in my life!
October 24 013 October 24 014
October 24 015

We were so busy working out that I didn’t grab a video of the class, but I got this video in the coffee shop afterward. Please forgive the background noise. I get really funny when a camera is put on me, so I feel like I look silly in the video, and I’ve got an awesome post-workout look going on. Just ignore all of that, and enjoy the video. Find out what makes Jessica and Izel beautiful!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...