Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking With Angela

When the weather starts to cool down, Stephen and I both get excited about the fact that it’s “hot chocolate weather” once again. We stock up on a big box of hot chocolate (that contains individual packets). When I saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen several weeks ago, I knew that I had to give it a try.
September 21 047

I only had one type of chocolate chips, and since Stephen doesn’t like white chocolate, I didn’t want to go out and buy the other chocolate chips; I decided to work with what I have on hand. We both enjoyed these cookies, but Stephen thinks my regular chocolate chip cookies taste better. I think that if I had made these cookies with all three types of chocolate chips, they would have been that much more delicious. My verdict? Don’t skimp on the chocolate chips, otherwise it’s just not worth it.

Hot Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from elimaxandlela

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup room temp butter
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cup flour
4 (1 oz) packets of hot chocolate
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips

September 21 032

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, hot chocolate mix, salt and baking soda.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Fold in flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Chill dough for about an hour. Preheat oven to 350F.
4. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until golden brown.

September 21 051 September 21 056

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...